Great for wrapping around a dish you’ve added cheese to, or just around a slice of Lakin’s Gorges Cheese… Pick your favorite.
1/2 bag spinach
Wash then put in pot and cook until wilted. Put in strainer to drain.
1 cup flour
1-1/4 cup milk
1. Combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center and break in egg.
2. Add half the milk and work into flour with a whisk. Add the remaining milk slowly, wishing until batter is the consistency of cream.
3. Cover bowl and let stand 30 minutes.
4. Prepare whatever filling you desire…. such as chicken in a walnut sauce with ricotta; leftover hake with a Cheese sauce made with Opus 42…
5. The pancakes are time consuming to cook. I use a cast iron griddle, brought to medium high heat. Stir the spinach into the batter. Evenly coat the pan with oil, pour on 1/4 of batter and use the edge of your pancake spatula to spread the batter in a thin layer across the pan. The first two never turn out well. Feed them to your dog. Cook about one minute on each side. I use the pancake spatula turned over to flip the pancakes. Oil the pan between each new cake. Stack them in a clean tea towel or in a low oven to stay warm until you are done.
Very tasty and good for breakfast, too, wrapped around some Medallion, Prix de Diane, Opus 42, Cascadilla Bleu, Morgan, Grandiflora, Luna…