Lakin’s Gorges Ricotta and Strawberry Panna Cotta
Panna cotta is one of the world’s fabulously impressive desserts that is surprisingly fast and simple to make. The ricotta in this recipe provides extra richness in place of heavy cream.
1 envelope gelatin
1.25 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
.75# Lakin’s Gorges Ricotta
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup strawberries, pureed
1. Lightly grease 6 ramekins
2. Put 1/4 cup of milk in saucepan and sprinkle gelatin on surface to dissolve, about 1 minute.
3. Add remaining milk and the sugar and heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
4. Place milk mixture and ricotta in blender until smooth. Add vanilla.
5. Mix 1/2 cup of ricotta mixture with pureed strawberries.
6. Distribute ricotta mixture evenly between the ramekins. Top with the strawberry mixture.
7. Cool until firm, at least 4 hours.
To remove, either run a thin blade around the outside to loosen, or place the ramekins briefly in warm water to loosen, then upend onto plate.